In May, we asked readers how their companies help employees give back, and with 24% of the votes, “Donation drives (food, blood, clothing, etc.)” was the top choice. In second place was “Company-sponsored volunteer events” with 17%, followed by “Paid time off for volunteer/charitable activities” in third with 14%.
The rest of the results were as follows:
- Corporate partnerships with local nonprofits – 13%
- Allow employees to pick which organizations/causes the company supports – 10%
- Matching employee donation funds – 9%
- Opportunities to provide company services/products pro bono – 6%
Another 7% of respondents selected the “Other” option and submitted their own thoughts on the question, including:
- Payroll deductions for charitable contributions
- Sponsor events and give employees tickets
- Fundraisers for fellow employees in need
- Donate $500 to nonprofit once you record 25 volunteer hours
Giving Back to the Communities We Serve
Express Employment Professionals’ more than 800 offices in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa, are active in the communities they serve by giving back to help ensure positive growth for individuals and organizations in need.
The Brand It Blue Initiative was born out of a desire to serve and partner with a variety of nonprofit organizations. As part of the mission of Express Employment Professionals, our franchises help connect qualified job seekers with reputable companies, but also go above and beyond to provide hope to their communities.
In recent years, franchise offices partnered with local food banks to help end chronic hunger. Between 2013 – 2017, Express staff, associates, clients, friends, and family provided nearly 600,000 meals through food drives, monetary collections, and volunteer hours served!
Realizing our franchisees are passionate about numerous causes, from hunger and education to homeless animals and senior citizens, the Brand It Blue Initiative is now a year-long, expanded philanthropic effort. We invite you to join us as we give back.
Contact the Express Employment Professionals office near you to find out how you can participate!