On this day, 135 years ago, columnist, humorist, actor, and social commentator Will Rogers was born in Oologah, OK (then Indian Territory). Through his keen eye and quick wit, Rogers dissected the most important issues of the day and shared insightful commentary on topics ranging from politics to Hollywood to the daily lives of regular people.
Rogers’ words are a part of his lasting legacy, so check out these inspirational quotes and think about how you can apply them to your daily life, both at work and at home.
- Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.
- People’s minds are changed through observation and not through argument.
- Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.
- Lettin’ the cat out of the bag is a lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
- Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction.
- Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
- Worrying is like paying on a debt that may never come due.
- The best way out of a difficulty is through it.
- People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing.
What are some of your favorite Will Rogers quotes? Share them in the comments section below. Read More→