In a recent poll, we asked our readers how they pass the time during their commute to and from work each day, and with 52% of the votes, “Listening to music/podcasts/audiobooks/etc.” was by far the most popular choice. “Thinking through your day/to-do list” came in second with 14% of the votes, followed by “Talking on the phone” with 12%.
The rest of the results were as follows:
- Enjoy some quiet time – 9%
- Carpool with a friend/coworker – 2%
- Read books/blogs/newspapers/etc. – 1%
- Talk to other people on train/bus/etc. – .5%
Another 9% selected the “Other” option and submitted their own thoughts on the topic, including:
- Checking work emails
- Listening to sports talk
- Taking a nap on the train
- Eyes on the road, hands on the wheel!
Check Out the On the Job Podcast
If you’re looking for a new podcast series to help pass the time during your daily commute, check out Express Employment Professionals’ On the Job podcast to hear stories about the pursuit of work by delving into the employment situations people from all walks of life face each day.
Current episodes include:
- Dream Job – Journalist to Children’s Librarian
- Not Your Grandpa’s Shop Class
- A Job for Life
- Gimmie Shelter
- Caregiver and Friend
- Legislator and Rancher
- Hidden in the Hills: Prohibition Still Echoes in Rural New York
Start Listening Today! Download the On the Job podcast from iTunes or anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
No comments yet.