If your department is anything like mine, it can be near-impossible to stick to a healthy-eating lifestyle while you’re at work. Donuts, bagels, and sausage biscuits assault you as soon as you walk in the door. Cookies and cake show up just as the mid-afternoon munchies hit you. And then, there’s always the ever-evil vending machine lurking in the break room. Not only are those treats bad for the body, they’re also bad for productivity once the sugar rush passes and the comatose-like-state sets in.
The good news, though, is that with a little preparation and willpower, you can counter those diet-busting snacks with these eight delicious, productivity-boosting, healthy snacks.
- Pair some fresh fruit with a light cheese for only about 170 calories.
- Beat your munchies with a 130-calorie serving of Wheat Thins.
- Slice an apple and dip the slices in two tablespoons of healthy peanut butter for a power boost of approximately 280 calories.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with a light yogurt cup, whether it’s berry, peach, or Boston cream pie, for around 100 calories.
- Grab a handful of trail mix when you’re on the go for an average of 150 calories.
- Dip 14 baby carrots in two tablespoons of light Ranch dressing for only about 115 calories.
- Spread a Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedge on a few wheat crackers for a savory snack of around 155 calories.
- Still need something to crunch? Grab four mini dill pickles for only 20 calories.
The keys to any healthy-living plan, as well as a productive day, are forethought and moderation. So, pack up a few of these suggestions each evening, throw them in your purse or briefcase, and stop those wicked, energy-killing junk food assailants in their tracks.
Have some of your own healthy snack ideas? Share them here!
These general tips do not constitute medical advice. To determine the best health practices for you, please consult your physician.